CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position will be responsible to:
- Receive and respond to customer service requests which are received through the service center or email and related to export documentation, operational issues, or general information associated with exports.
- Coordinate with other internal groups as necessary in order to insure that customers' requests are addressed accurately and efficiently.
- Research, follow-up and resolve customer problems in a timely fashion.
- Create and modify bookings based on customer requests received via telephone, utilizing corporate information, local tools, and third party data to insure compliance with government regulations, company policies and Trade directives.
- Perform rate validation and auto-rating, and coordinate rate filing as necessary.
- Send booking confirmations to customers, adding any required details such as cut-off, earliest return date, and additional forms required to facilitate the shipment.
- Log all issues into CPRI database with correct codification in order to allow analysis on reasons for customer call/email requests.
- Contribute to completion of cross-departmental processes such as re-exports, pre-sail changes of destination (COD), and container swaps.
- Proactively communicate to customer regarding problems related to shipments, schedules, etc., and identify effective and realistic solutions that meet customers' needs without jeopardizing the company's position.
- Escalate issues to management as necessary.
- Participate in departmental focus groups or task forces in order to generate and operationalize innovative ideas to improve the way CMA CGM carries out its business.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 years customer service experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated scenarios with customers orally and in writing, including those for which English is not their primary language.
- Active listening, critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively and manage time efficiently
- Basic proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstration of professional demeanor, positive attitude, and ability to manage stress through challenging situations
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Customer Service, Call Center and/or Shipping Industry experience preferred
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
This job has expired.