CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Individual is responsible for delivering Tier 1 level customer service to CMA CGM's strategic BCO accounts by tracking/tracing all cargo in the pipeline, proactive approaches to problem resolution, and providing 100% EDI transmission for cargo movement . This Individual is also responsible for contract management, providing rate quotations, and accurate filing of contract amendments with the FMC.
This position will be responsible to:
- Answer incoming calls, ensuring customers receive tier 1 level customer service.
Inform customer of shipment/cargo status:
- Perform tracking/tracing of all cargo in the pipeline
- Update tracking reports with upcoming shipments using DIVA
- Process diversions
- Assist in problem resolution including damaged cargo, lost containers, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner
- EDI Submission/Monitoring
- Run monthly reports including MQC, aging, dwell, etc.
- Answer general customer service and STARs phone calls
- Answer / Assign customer service emails via Footprints, and ensuring customers receive tier 1 level customer service within SLA
- Provide updates on shipments using relevant rail and terminal websites to provide accurate information to our customers
- Liaison between external and internal customers for import issues and follow up as needed
- Provide notices or other information to customers as applicable for holds, vessel arrival information, customs information, delays, or release status notifications
- Ensure contact information is accurate in LARA and Footprints
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1-year general work experience required.
- Proficient computer skills to include basic Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, Internet Explorer)
- Solid working knowledge of shipping industry
- Basic understanding of intermodal concepts
- Basic knowledge of LARA, MIRA, and DIVA
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of rates, invoicing, and service contracts
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills in addressing both internal and external customers
- Basic computer skills
- Possess advanced organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to accept and retain instruction
- Multi-tasking abilities to perform in a high-volume call center environment
- Communicate and listen effectively
- Able to think quickly to identify problems as well as research solutions
- Display attention to detail
- Excellent phone etiquette and proven customer service abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Associates Degree preferred.
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
This job has expired.