If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Temporary Classroom Assistant to work at UHealth. The Classroom Assistant assists in teaching a diverse population of children in an atmosphere of kindness that encourages active inquiry, fosters individual growth, and promotes respect for self and others. Additionally, the Classroom Assistant completes assigned responsibilities for instruction, planning, organization, activity implementation, evaluation, childcare, and record maintenance. The Classroom Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director of the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement. The Classroom Assistant will provide course instruction under the guidance of the Executive Director and the classroom instructors to the Future Medical Scholars Fellowship Program participants. The Future Medical Scholars Fellowship Program provides underrepresented groups (both high school and college students) the opportunity to be exposed to the health science field through course instruction at the University of Miami Medical Campus.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Minimum Qualifications
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, and supervised role-playing methods.
- Assists in the implementation of individual education programs for students and helps monitor their progress.
- Supports students with emotional or behavioral problems and helps them develop social skills.
- Supports teachers in photocopying and maintaining student records.
- Works with the teacher in planning and implementing a program of instructions that adheres to the school's philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Works with the teacher in making purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize time on task.
- Assists teachers in creating a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school.
- Bring student issues/concerns to the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement's staff attention (i.e. illness, not paying attention in class, etc.)
- Serve as TA for one of the programs (MSHCMP, MCAT, HSCMW, or STIR)
Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type: