Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, we create great places. And we do it by being uncompromisingly people-centric and delivering innovation day in and day out.
As more than 650+ professionals delivering award-winning work across the architecture, engineering, and planning spheres, we believe that collaboration breeds higher-grade solutions and that something incredible grows from a team of experts with individual specialties.
Your Opportunity at OHM Advisors
When joining our growing Louisville team as a Civil Designer, you will work with experienced engineers on a variety of projects, including water resources, site development, environmental, transportation, and construction management.
Design Review and Analysis
- Use AutoCAD Civil3D software to create detailed drawings for civil engineering projects.
- Prepare site design plans, including geometric layout, utility services, grading, drainage, stormwater and detention design, erosion control, and construction details.
Coordination and Communication
- Research and implement applicable land development codes, drainage manuals, and entitlement processes.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine the best approach to complete drawings.
- Identify potential design conflicts and suggest solutions to the Civil Engineer.
Quality Control and Improvement
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications with a multidisciplinary team.
- Work closely with Civil Engineers, Project Managers, and others to develop design plans, details, and specifications.
Documentation and Reporting
- Perform quality control of construction documents and provide design ideas and solutions.
- Mentor junior CAD technicians and provide training/oversight.
- Complete redline markups in AutoCAD/Civil 3d.
- Generate quantity tables, pay items, and design spreadsheets.
- Assist with compiling construction plans and submittal to agencies having jurisdiction.
OHM's Greater Louisville office is a growing team of professionals who value quality work, a fun work environment, and work-life balance. We offer opportunities to specialize in your skills, work on challenging projects, and make a difference in the communities we serve. What you will need to succeed
Growth at OHM Advisors
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D software and its functionality.
- Experience with other relevant software programs, such as GIS, Auto Turn, Blue Beam, and/or Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong, creative, and efficient problem-solving and communication skills.
- Team player who is passionate about helping OHM Advisors advance communities but also has the ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you win at work and in life. Read about some of our self-designed career advancement and enrichment programs, like OHM Wellness, OHM Grad School, and OHM University, on our website. OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.