A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Basic duties are to package hazardous liquids into various sizes and styles of containers, assure all filling procedures are properly followed and all closure specifications are accurately met, assure all packages are properly labeled and the finished units/cartons are correctly palletized. In this position, you will be able to correctly use equipment such as a weigh scales and operate filling equipment. Required to complete filling documentation which must be legible and accurate.
This position is on 2nd shift - 2:40 pm to 11:10 pm ET and will be Monday - Friday.
Who you are:Basic Qualifications:
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to join the union within 120 days of starting role
- 1 - 3 years manufacturing experience
- Experience working second/night shift
- Ability to learn and apply safe, functional, and efficient work practices
- Ability to read and interpret material safety data sheets and other pertinent documents relating to safety, customer requirements, and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Ability to thoroughly document batch information legibly and accurately
This is a bargaining unit position in Norwood - PG1. System forced a career level answer, but no option for high school graduate only. High school graduate or equivalent is required for this position.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214810
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.