Welcome to VCA County West Animal Hospital! We are located in the heart of Kankakee, IL. We are looking to expand our team with a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)!
At VCA County West, we'll give you the tools and guidance needed to practice the best quality medicine. We are the only AAHA accredited clinic in our county and work with several local shelters. We are also a Gold Level Feline Friendly Practice as recognized by the AAFP. Our staff works hard to practice Fear Free techniques and Low Stress handling skills. We offer grooming and boarding services, ultrasound, cold laser therapy, acupuncture, comprehensive wellness plan options, and more.
Overall Responsibility: Our CVTs provide compassionate veterinary care to our patients.
- Assist doctors with exams, treatments and procedures.
- Venipuncture and IVC placement
- Administer SQ fluids, medications, etc.
- Work in conjunction with all technical staff across the hospital to ensure hospitalized patients are receiving the best possible care and communicating frequently with the team.
- Recognize subtle change in clinical status.
- Discharge instructions with clients when they are able to bring their furry family member back home with them.
- Complete estimates, basic record keeping.
- Surgical preparation and assisting.
- Anesthesia monitoring.
- Cold laser therapy
- Utilize Fear Free techniques and Low Stress Handling
- We offer competitive pay along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), short term and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, paid paternal leave, employee pet discount and so much more!
- Licensed Veterinary Technician- CVT, LVT, RVT, VTS
- 1+ years of clinical experience
Compensation: $ 16-22/hour
Starting range is determined by skill set and years of experience in the field. Financial growth opportunities available.
Schedule: Full-time opportunities available. We utilize a 4 x 10 hour shift work week plus every other Saturday (offset by a ½ day during the week).
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to getting to know you!
Address: 1709 W Merchant Street, Kankakee, IL 60901
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com