Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist performs routine and specialized technical and clerical duties for drug distribution to patients.
1. Answers Phones.
2. Prepares prescription and non-prescription medication and/or devices.
3. Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing machines (ADMs) and/or robots (example: shelves, carousels, Parata).
4. May assist with orienting and training pharmacy department staff.
5. Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
6. Assists in revising policy and procedure.
7. Delivers meds to beds or patient care area
8. Prepares or compounds non-sterile, non-antineoplastic drug products in accordance with USP chapter <795> under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
9. Maintains the hardware and software of the department's multiple computer systems.
10. Electronically processes prescription orders and prepares prescriptions for verification by a pharmacist.
11. Take verbal orders from providers, runs registers, performs production and data entry production.
12. Processes third party claims.
13. Performs other duties as required or assigned.