Ensures proper patient flow through the preliminary portion of ancillary services in accordance with established standards and procedures.
1. Prepares patients for Ophthalmic examinations as directed by a physician. In doing so, performs a variety of tests, including, but not limited to, preparing charts, taking patient histories, testing visual acuity, checking pupils, etc.
2. Gathers information necessary for patient records.
3. Maintains Ophthalmic equipment by general servicing, cleaning and maintenance.
4. Ensures adequate inventory of consumables and supplies for designated area.
5. Assists in the development of procedures for technical and clinical activities.
6. Assists physicians as indicated or directed.
7. Trains for new tasks and ancillary skills, as assigned.
8. Under the supervision or direction of a physician, injects intravenous fluorescent in preparation for angiograms.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School or equivalent required
One year work related experience preferred.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Certification by Joint Commission of Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology as Ophthalmic Assistant required.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 10 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago