Performs patient care and lab duties delegated by the RN or MD, as well as data collection, data entry, analysis, and generation of reports. Supports the Mission, Core Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Employment Type: Part-time
Shift: Day, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Elizabeth Square
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
Performs patient care and lab duties delegated by the RN or Provider, as well as data collection, data entry, analysis, and generation of reports at one of six Montgomery County Health Centers.Responsibilities:
What you will need:Required:
- Rooms patients; take vitals
- Provides EKG testing support
- Assistance with medication management
- Perform phlebotomy functions
- Screening for social needs
- Be a part of the treatment and education of diabetes, nutrition, high blood pressure, cardiovascular wellness and weight control and other low acuity illnesses
- Medical Assistant diploma from a medical assistant education program and/or high school diploma
- National certification from an accredited organization (such as CMA, RMA, NCMA, or CCMA)
- Current C.P.R. certification issued through American Heart Association
- Medical or patient care experience in a health center or hospital setting as demonstrated through clinical hours or prior work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Computer literacy in Microsoft products and email.Experience with EHR software and EPIC a plus.
- Excellent phlebotomy and EKG skills
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 best hospitals.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.