Posted in Medical and Nursing
Under supervision of an RN, the Certified Home Health Aide, provides assistance in caring for clients with activities of daily living that is consistent with the philosophy, objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures of Mercy Medical Center.
Customers include: clients and families, physicians, intradepartmental and interdepartmental staff.
Reports to Clinical Coordinators, who in turn reports to the Director of Home Care.
1. Provides physical, emotional, and spiritual care to the client population with respect to age specific needs.
2. Records and reports information such as vital signs, intake and output, weight, and any behavioral changes to appropriate supervisory personnel.
3. Utilizes the department specific EMR system appropriately.
4. Assists with various client activities such as: ambulation, active and passive range of motion exercises, turning and positioning in bed, getting up in chair, using bathroom, bedpan, and/or urinal.
5. Is able to prioritize and assist clients with activities of daily care as assigned: bathing, grooming, oral care and other personal hygiene.
6. Adheres to the standard precaution policies.
7. Maintains, assembles and organizes equipment needed for a safe secure environment.
8. Completes routine daily assignments.
9. Demonstrates organization, efficiency, and productivity related to time management.
10. Promotes a safe and clean environment by maintaining the cleanliness of the home.
11. Demonstrates activity to impact change within your department and with other departments.
12. Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with clients.
13. Takes an active role in enhancing abilities to carry out job functions through personal and professional/job-related growth and development.
14. Participates in orientation of new staff members.
15. Maintains clinical and professional competency based upon established standards of practice.
16. Adheres to the principles of caring and expected behaviors outlined in Mercy Medical Center's Model of Caring and Trinity Health's Code of Conduct, fostering a climate where all customers are treated in a manner consistent with Mercy Medical Center's Mission and Values.
17. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health's Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
18. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be competent and thorough in performing job functions to all age groups.
2. Must display satisfactory customer relation skills consistent with Mercy mission, values, and expectations.
3. Must display behavior consistent with Nursing Citizenship Standards.
4. Must effectively utilize verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must be able to organize, prioritize, and function in an environment with multiple stress factors.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Job requires bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, and pulling patients and/or equipment (21% to 50% of the time).
2. Job requires use of hands for simple and firm grasping, repetitive actions, and fine manipulations.
3. Job requires lifting and carrying frequent (21-50% of work time) 11-24 lbs., and occasionally (6-10% of work time) up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
4. Employee will work flexible hours.
5. In a normal day, employee will be able to sit 2 hours, stand 3 hours and walk 3 hours at minimum.
6. Must be able to work under fluctuating demands.
7. Job requires mobility in order to perform many of the technical functions.
8. Must be able to function in emergency situations.
9. Must be able to see at a near visual acuity level.
10. Must be able to speak.
11. Must be able to hear speech.
12. May be exposed to marked changes in temperature and humidity, infectious diseases, hazardous waste, and chemicals.
13. Must adhere to applicable organizational requirements on an annual basis for Employee Health Directives
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
1. High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred
2. Must have a 75 hour CNA Certification.
3. Must have a valid driver's license.
4. Must have proof of liability vehicle insurance.
5. CNA experience preferred.
6. Must complete 12 hours of in-service per calendar year to maintain CNA certification.
7. Maintain current BLS, and Mandatory Reporter certification.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our