American Welding & Gas, Inc. has an exciting new opportunity for an Automation Welding Engineer (AWE) based in our Indianapolis, IN location.
The AUTOMATION WELDING ENGINEER (AWE) will provide support to sales team members to help grow sales revenues and profits, gain new strategic opportunities, and meet sales targets within an assigned designated geographic area. The AWE will be a contributor who is accountable for serving as a specialist to assist with profitable contracts with large, key and/or complex accounts often driving a particular market segment.
What do we offer?
Following an extensive training program, the Automation Welding Engineer will:
- Competitive pay structure
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
AWE Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Provide support to focus on new business development, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting specific customer problems
- Develop consulting audit form with sales team, including long and short term goals and pricing strategy
- Support joint targets with other sales personnel
- Help to install and program robotic systems and other automation equipment
- Improve the profitability of existing accounts by fully understanding the cost to serve and the value propositions for the customers
- Promote sales, introduce the organization’s programs and provide account services to assigned and potential customers
- Assist in securing long term relationships by negotiating straightforward agreements with the sales team
- Maintain good coordination and communication with other sales groups and functional groups, such as marketing, customer service, production, engineering, logistics, law and others, to ensure that the account strategies are aligned with the available resources and market objectives
- Other duties as assigned
AWE Preferred Skills:
- Welding Engineer Major with Bachelor's Degree
- CWI Certification encouraged
- Prior Industry Experience or Knowledge is required
- Strong time and management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
American Welding & Gas, Inc.
- Goal oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Sales process training
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms and principals
is headquartered in Raleigh, NC and manufactures and distributes industrial, medical, specialty, beverage gases, and welding supplies with 80 branch locations and 20fill plants in 21 states stretching from Montana to Florida. As one of the largest independent gas and welding supply distributors, AWG has the expertise, assets, and sources of supply necessary to service large, bulk cryogenic customers as well as small businesses. Over the past 67 years, AWG has grown both organically and through acquisitions to its current size of over 600 associates.American Welding & Gas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.