EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking a structural engineer for commercial, light industrial, low rise, K-12, residential, and correctional facility-type design projects in our Albany, NY office.
- Assist on a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design projects involving steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures
- Conduct site investigations to document existing conditions, and plan project accordingly
- Coordinating structural design details with architectural and MEP designs
- Serve as a project manager on smaller projects
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional recognition
- BS with an emphasis in Structural Engineering; MS is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the structural design and analysis
- Prior professional experience in layout design of structures, including building type, framing type, and lateral resisting structural elements
- Working knowledge of current industry software, including REVIT, RISA, TEDDS, Bluebeam REVU, AutoCAD, and MS Office
Position Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Be able to wear GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP03 - Albany Main
This job has expired.