AMERICAN WELDING & GAS, INC. has a new opportunity for a CDL HazMat Driver in Wheeling, IL. This is a full-time career opportunity with excellent benefits!
An AWG CDL HazMat Driver is primarily responsible for the safe loading, transportation, and delivery of bulk and cylinder gases and other hard good supplies to customers and other AWG branches.
AWG Drivers must always practice safety and provide outstanding customer service. We take great pride in our high standards and require the same from our elite drivers.
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- On the job and ongoing training and career growth opportunities
- Home nights – no sleepers – limited weekends
- Company paid CDL license renewal fees including endorsements and medical card
- Uniforms and Safety equipment provided
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits with no waiting period
- Company paid Term Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Company cell phone for business use
- Drug Free Workplace
- Operate vehicles in a safe, courteous manner at all times
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations
- Read, understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Load, unload, move and store empty/full cylinders safely and efficiently
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspections and complete safety checklist
- Ensure the appropriate preparation and/or completion and accuracy of paperwork including but not limited to shipping papers and delivery tickets
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Attend driver safety meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers’ License
- HazMat and Tanker Endorsements - (HazMat Endorsement is not required to apply but must be obtained prior to employment
- Clean commercial driving record – minimum 3+ years
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Able to move compressed gas and liquid cylinders; Lift 50-75 pounds frequently and maneuver 100+ pound cylinders (rolling, using a cart, etc.)
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Successful completion of a company administered road test
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position eligible for overtime
American Welding & Gas, Inc. (AWG) manufactures and distributes industrial, medical, specialty and beverage gases. AWG is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with 80 branch locations, 20 gas fill plants in 20 states, stretching from Montana through Florida. As one of the largest independent gas and welding supply distributors, AWG has the expertise, assets, and sources of supply necessary to service large, bulk cryogenic gas customers as well as small businesses.
American Welding & Gas is growing rapidly and looking for top talent to move us forward.
To apply and learn more about AWG visit our website at www.awggases.comAmerican Welding & Gas, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.