Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
GOOD PEOPLE WORK HERE!
CDL Class A Driver
The driver will be home daily AND off every Saturday and Sunday!
- Great Pay - $30/hour DOE
- Low-cost/High-value Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Company Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
We are in search of a CDL Class A Driver
to deliver to customers in Indianapolis and the surrounding suburbs. This position offers a consistent and year-round schedule transporting glass and/or metal products. The driver will be home daily and off every Saturday and Sunday! Equipment Features:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Newer Equipment: 2015 Volvo's - 2020 Freightliners
- 45' and 48' trailers, 28' pup
- Full-service fleet maintenance
- Electronic Logs
- Company phone
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing thorough daily pre and post trip inspections
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs, and truck performance forms
- Comply with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Occasionally load trucks
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job Requirements
- At least 21 years old
- Three years of verifiable, driving experience
- Valid medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Valid Class A license with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Dependability, good English verbal and written communications skills, and good customer relations and people skills
- Have the ability to read and interpret mathematical measurement of glass sizes and properly read and use a tape measure
- Knowledge of proper location, distribution, and securement of cargo, specifically glass
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditionsWhat OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.