The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Constructs, repairs, and maintains wooden structures such as furniture, equipment, partitions, and other parts of building using hand and power tools as assigned. Assists with general maintenance activities as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in carpentry related work. Must be able to travel to village work sites occasionally. Alaska Journeyman Carpenter certification preferred.
- Valid State of Alaska Driver's License. Alaska Journeyman Carpenter Certification Preferred.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment. May be exposed to toxic chemicals. Works in precarious or high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13368Location:BethelDepartment:ConstructionEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.