EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Category Construction Inspection
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking candidates interested in municipal and state transportation construction projects in various locations around Vermont. You will be responsible for the review of plans, documentation of work activities as well as quantity calculations, and inspection of work to assure conformance with approved plans and specifications. These opportunities will include both field inspection and office engineering.
- BS or AS in Civil Engineering desirable or 3 years transportation construction inspection experience
- Certifications in ACI, NICET, NETTCP, and Traffic Control are a plus
- Experience on VTRANS or Other Federal, State, and County projects is helpful, but not required for these exciting construction inspection opportunities
Position Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material Variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Possess the ability to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20' extension
- Possess the ability to ride and work from a mechanical aerial lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Be physically able to don, wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs. (concrete inspection specimens and required equipment)
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP03 - White River Junction
This job has expired.