EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is currently seeking a Hydrology & Hydraulics Engineer with 2 to 8 years' experience to join our Lebanon, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will perform a variety of design tasks in multiple elements of civil engineering with an emphasis in general transportation, site/civil, and drainage projects; work on complex hydraulic, roadway drainage and stormwater management design projects driven by current regulatory requirements, water-quality regulations, and permits; under the direction of a Professional Engineer. In addition, you will prepare drainage design elements in support of roadway plans, develop hydrologic and hydraulics models for drainage facilities, review projects with a specific focus on hydraulics related issues, ensure projects are in compliance with NJ and PA State standards in regards to design criteria, standards and specifications, and stormwater management. Also, you will organize work and monitor work tasks to ensure hydraulic designs and design tasks are completed in accordance with project scheduling and in support of NJDOT and PennDOT programs.
- Perform engineering activities for hydraulic and hydrologic models, drainage systems, evaluating alternatives, performing preliminary and final detailed design
- Create roadway drainage design and calculations and related hydrologic design in support of transportation projects
- Be responsible for soil erosion control plans and reports acquiring necessary stormwater-related permits for transportation projects
- Prepare drainage designs and perform hydraulic and surface water modeling/stormwater management analyses considering control of water quantity, quality, and groundwater recharge
- Work with the design team, environmental staff, and regulatory agencies to support the permitting process for various projects
- BS degree in Civil/ Water Resources/ Environmental Engineering
- Advanced degree in a related field is a plus
- Professional Engineer (PE) or EIT in NJ or PA
- 2 to 8 years' experience in stormwater design including roadway drainage and erosion control plans
- Experience performing hydrology and hydraulics analysis and design of open and closed drainage systems using MicroStation, AutoCAD, Pond Pack, StormCADD and HEC-RAS
- Needs to be familiar with NJDOT and PennDOT design standards and requirements
- Technical understanding of hydrology, hydraulics, and storm drain design
- Technical understanding of stormwater management requirements related to NJ and PA municipal, industrial, and construction National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) programs
- Strong understanding of hydraulics and hydrology in engineering design, including runoff calculations, open-channel hydraulics including application to bridge hydraulic analysis, culvert design and detention structure/BMP design principles
- Experience with NJDEP flood hazard permitting, CAFRA permitting, NJDEP Best Management Practices, soil erosion and sediment control plans, current H&H software and must also be familiar with NJDEP freshwater wetland and NJDEP SWM regulations
Position Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Shift -not applicable-
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP05 - Lebanon Main
This job has expired.