EOE Statement Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://www.gpinet.com/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Category Construction Inspection
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is seeking full and part-time Construction Inspectors of all experience levels to join our expanding team in Western New York. Inspection and documentation duties include all phases of construction on bridge, highway, canal, utility, and multi-use trail projects.
- NICET certification is preferred
Position Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver's license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material Variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Possess the ability to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20' extension
- Possess the ability to ride and work from a mechanical aerial lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Be physically able to don and wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus.
- Be able to wear GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs. (concrete inspection specimens and required equipment)
- Be able to work in a confined space by definition of OSHA Construction Stand 29CFR 1926
- Physically able to wear and work utilizing a respirator or SCBA type of breathing apparatus
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions
Shift -not applicable-
Position Construction Inspector
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP13 - Rochester
This job has expired.