Guy Carpenter LLC is seeking a qualified candidate for a Facultative Broking Support position with our Casualty Facultative team located in our Atlanta, GA location:
Broking Support Assistant
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The BrokingSupport Assistant is responsible for coordinating all post-placement support activities of the account while personally contributing to the creation, review and assessment of data, related exhibits, and light analysis. Provides support to all facultative team members either onsite and/or remotely on assigned accounts.
- This role prompts and monitors key activities and tasks throughout the reinsurance post-placement process in order to promote complete and timely compliance with quality and regulatory- driven processes and procedures in accordance with published guidelines.
- Liaise with others internally and externally to facilitate efficient and effective post-placement activities and services to Brokers, Markets and Clients.
We will count on you to:
- Being part of the Marsh & McLennan businesses; a premier global brand with the financial power to match.
- Culture where continuous personal development brings opportunity for professional growth and mobility Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution.
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Working with the most innovative and respected reinsurance colleagues in the industry.
- Draft, finalize and secure broker sign-off of post-binding documentation including binders and certificates. Work with Brokers to ensure accounts are documented, processed and billed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review and transmit documents to Clients and Reinsurers according to procedure, upon instructions from Broking Staff.
- Diary and follow up for necessary documentation including policies, premium audits, and signed documents. Review these documents once received and resolve any discrepancies.
- Act as a liaison with internal departments (such as accounting and claims) to help facilitate the resolution of issues as they arise on accounts.
- Communicate with client and/or markets during the post-placement process as requested.
- Provide the broker with assistance including researching financial statements, product lines, geographic exposures, and current reinsurance program information using available resources as required.
- Provide status reports according to procedure and upon request.
- Maintain E-Filing system and upload all account documents as received from reinsurers, Clients and/or Brokers
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Maintain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
- Basic knowledge of Casualty Insurance lines of business including Automobile Liability, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Umbrella Liability, and Professional Liability.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Ensure all records/forms for assigned accounts are properly completed and stored in accordance with policy.
- Understand all best practice procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Follow all best practice procedures and compliance requirements, including but not limited to building a complete placement file as the placement progresses to minimize errors & omissions.
What you need to have:
- Respond to client and market requests for information, as directed by broker, coordinating with other departments as necessary.
- Attend visiting reinsurer and client meetings, as necessary
What makes you stand out:
- Associate's Degree and applicable or transferrable experience preferred.
- 0 to 3 years in a corporate environment strongly preferred; related experience in data review, scrubbing and comparative analysis a plus, as is exposure to the insurance/reinsurance.
- Strong computer skills including: Mastery of Microsoft Excel (including formulas, charts and graphs); Ability to master and utilize proprietary computer systems used in the placement, binding, processing, and billing of accounts; Proficiency in use of E-Filing system.
- Proven success in performing light analysis in a business strategy context, preferably in a reinsurance, insurance or investment environment.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of basic insurance/reinsurance concepts and terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good internal relationships and interactions with clients and reinsurers.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for internal and external communications with clients, reinsurers, Guy Carpenter colleagues at various levels.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task.
- Good problem-solving skills to identify problems and to begin to formulate resolutions and recognize when to escalate to manager.
- Procedural compliance orientation a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree and applicable or transferrable experience preferred.
- Procedural compliance orientation and/or prior roles with light analytics a plus.
- High sense of personal accountability, focus on accuracy and details.
- Personable and likely to become a trusted resource within your broking teams
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 85,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue of over $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, veteran status (including protected veterans), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting TANA@mmc.com.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local based teams will identify at least one "anchor day" per week on which their full team will be together in person. office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one "anchor day" per week on which their full team will be together in person.
This job has expired.