Select, supervise and train employees in their respective position to ensure safe, professional and efficient service in branch with over 30 million in revenue. Provide leadership which results in positive employee/employer relations and a professional corporate image.
• Ensure fair treatment of all personnel.
• Establish and maintain high appearance standards throughout all operations.
• Practice progressive discipline with all employee performance issues.
• Ensure proper completion of paperwork for drivers including truck reports, driver logs and vehicle inspections daily.
• Conduct an annual review on each employee's job performance evaluation and approve any changes to an employee's compensation.
• Adhere to all wage and hour guidelines.
• Establish priorities to meet customer service commitments.
• Direct collection and disposal services to best utilize personnel and equipment.
• Establish and review productivity standards at each phase of the operation.
• Protect and preserve all assets.
• Ensure all drivers are DOT compliant.
• Be familiar with and ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
• Enter appropriate product line data into Tower on a daily basis as needed.
• Assist in the completion of scheduled route audits.
• Assist in development and execution of an operation profit plan that includes:
• Revenue retention & growth
• Cost of operations
• Growth objectives
• Productivity standards
• Capital requirements
• Personnel needed
• Ensure Branch profit margins are met
• Promote an effective safety program that seeks to prevent accidents, avoid injuries and recognize safe employees.
• Investigate accidents and prepare necessary paperwork.
• Ensure route observations are completed on a routine basis.
• Schedule, plan, and conduct safety meetings (monthly).
• Recruit, interview, hire, train and discipline all product line personnel.
• Ensure all employees are dressed in the proper uniform provided by GFL Environmental.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
• Standard office equipment (i.e., Scale Pak, scanner, personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• BA or BS Degree desired or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years experience in waste industry desired.
• Pass DOT physical, drug screen and motor vehicle registration license check.
• May require CDL certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and climb.
• Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in office environment 80% of the time.
• Noise level is usually moderate.
• Work in motor vehicle traffic conditions occasionally
• Some travel required.
• On Top of a competitive wage, we also offer Commission and Bonus Pay!
• Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
• 401k, and 401k matching
• Paid Holidays
• Up to 3 weeks of PTO
• And several other benefits
Successful candidates must pass the Pre-Screening process if offered this position. This includes a criminal background check, drug screen, and MVR check (if applicable for the position).
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!