Follow and like us:
Position & Client Overview:
Our client is one of the largest and most prestigious health system in the massive Houston Metroplex. Their 1200-bed facility in Houston seeks a blood bank Medical Technologist to work the night shift in their busy blood bank/transfusion services department.
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in science;
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) or BB(ASCP) certification;
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus;
- Three (3) years experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.
This job has expired.