Are you ready to make a difference? If you're interested in joining a company building on a 40-year heritage in respiratory disease and a team dedicated to transforming the treatment of asthma and COPD.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Respiratory Biologic Sales Specialist - New Jersey District, Hackensack, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Respiratory disease is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas, and we have a growing portfolio of medicines that reached more than 17 million patients in 2015. Our aim is to transform asthma and COPD treatment through inhaled combinations at the core of care, biologics for the unmet needs of specific patient populations, and scientific advancements in disease modification. We are building g on a 40-year heritage in respiratory disease, and our capability in inhalation technology spans both pressurized metered-dose inhalers (pMDIs) and dry powder inhalers (DPIs), as well as our innovative Co-Suspension TM Delivery Technology. Our research is focused on four key biological pathways: eosinophilic disease, Th2-driven disease, epithelial-driven pathobiology and autoimmunity.
What you'll do:
- You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for Respiratory Biologics and appropriate patients. You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations. You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the strategic targeting plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs. You will pro-actively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business. You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines. Work with other Respiratory Biologics Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts and partner very closely with Field Reimbursement managers to ensure seemly delivery of our biologics medicines to our customers.
- You will be expected to consistently challenge yourself to grow and develop, you will ask for feedback in an effort to raise awareness and gain insight into one's strengths and developmental needs. You will collaborate across functional areas to drive win/win outcomes that align to organizational objectives demonstrates AZ values, understands basic business principles and interprets resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales AND/OR 3 yrs. experience in scientific/clinical/healthcare environment AND/OR demonstrated experience & knowledge within healthcare ecosystems
- Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams
- Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement and distribution challenges of a biologics product to take a strategic approach to capitalize on marketplace opportunities
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Preference for candidate to live within market, which includes (Locations)
- Experience launching new products
- Respiratory, respiratory biologics, biologics or specialty care experience
- Demonstrated experience and mastery in delivering a total office call
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
- Demonstrated effective leadership, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information.
- (Internal candidates) - Sr PSS/Level 3 and above preferred, however will consider PSS/Level 2.
No company relocation assistance provided.Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=enSo, what's next!
If you are interested, please apply.
This job has expired.