If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Clinical Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Full Time Biomedical Engineer to work at the UHealth Campus. The Per Diem Biomedical Engineer I position works within the Biomedical Engineering section of Facilities and Support Services, maintaining clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan. Performs a variety of routine tasks, including the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of biomedical equipment under the supervision/guidance of an experienced BMET.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Minimum Qualifications
- The Per Diem Biomedical Engineer I will work with an experienced BMET, utilizing standard and specialized electronic test equipment and tools to perform calibration, maintenance, and repairs of medical equipment.
- Repairs, tests, and calibrates medical equipment according to OEM recommendations.
- Performs departmental audits/rounds.
- Assists in ordering replacement parts and supplies necessary for the servicing ofmedical equipment.
- Prioritizes workload effectively and complete all work assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate documentation as required by current policies and procedures.
- Required to support multiple hospitals and facilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Biomedical Engineering Diploma or Certificate Military Training or Technical Institute
- Minimum One year experience
- Certification- CABT
- Must have effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Performs Other duties as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: