Job Location: Hazleton, PA
Please note: Bilingual (English & Spanish) is required for this position
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
This position is responsible for human resources organizational capability for the site. This will involve supporting HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness. The Human Resources Generalist will perform duties associated with some or all the different functional HR areas including employee relations, recruiting, policy interpretation, and labor relations.
- Supports employee engagement planning process and administration. Managers day-to-day employee relation's questions and concerns surrounding policy and procedures and partners with appropriate resources for timely solutions. Supports 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors with employee issues. Ensures positive employee relations through proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair & equitable policy administration. Supports facilitation of the change management process.
Talent Acquisition & Development
- Supports hourly and salaried talent acquisition process. Leads onboarding activities for the salaried workforce. Supports implementation of talent development and learning efforts to meet organizational needs. Partners with Maintenance/Tech Assurance on the administration of the Maintenance Apprenticeship Program.
- Interacts positively with union leadership team and handles investigations, complaints, and grievances in a professional and confidential manner. Communicates as appropriate when decisions are made, and changes are made to policies. Supports the labor negotiations process.
- Responsible for assisting in developing and implementing administrative procedures and executing improvements through Human Resources and other departmental areas.
Core & Technical Competencies
- Business Acumen
- Results orientation
- Organizational Development
- Talent Management
- Employee Relations
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- A detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving. Understands the underlying issues and components of a problem or opportunity and perceives complex cause-and-effect patterns. Identifies patterns and trends from past experiences that relate to a current situation and uses that knowledge to produce creative solutions and new ideas.
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests
- Uses available technology to improve personal performance and ability to contribute to the business i.e.) MS Office, SAP, etc.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to challenge decisions and facilitate change.
- A proven ability to establish strong business partnerships with plant management and HR management.
- Listening and conflict resolution skills with sensitivity to others' needs.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, or graduate degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline required
- PHR or SHRM certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources, or equivalent relevant experience required
- Ability to lead projects to completion
- Competent in Labor/Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, Benefits and Compensation, as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrix organization.
- Ability to make decisions based on all relevant information and develops recommendations/solves problems, based on data.
- Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws along with practical application.
- Experience in administering FMLA, affirmative action planning, and workers compensation management and unemployment.
- Ability to facilitate training/learning in large group presentations.
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
This job has responsibilities that encompass food safety and food quality.
The job description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude the performance of other minor related work assignments, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to the job.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).