Behavioral Health Aide Trainee-Mt. Village
Mountain Village, Alaska
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, provides a variety of village-based substance use assessments, crisis stabilization, case management, screenings, and rehabilitation services consistent with their education, training and experience.
Minimum Education: High school or GED equivalent. Must commit to advancing through a certification program.
- Two (2) years experience in the field of Community Services, may be volunteer work if documented.
- Demonstrates mature judgment, must have the ability to communicate, retrieve and present data and information both verbally, written and electronic.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits.
License, Certifications, Registration:
- May develop with supervisor a plan to obtain Substance Abuse Counselor certification.
- Must partner with supervisor to advance to BHA-I certification.
- Must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 180 hours toward a specialized BHA-I training program and a 100 hour clinical practicum under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have good telephone etiquette.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual Yup'ik/English/Regional preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of communication skills plus motivation sufficient for learning in behavioral health counseling field.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to learn counseling skills through in-service training.
- Ability to effectively present information. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13816Location:Mountain VillageDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)