BMW of Encinitas
The Base technician possess a general mechanical knowledge of all basic systems of a vehicle and the ability to follow direction of supervisors and/or service publications to perform work satisfactorily.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Service Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Follow factory and dealership repair procedures when performing warranty work
- Participate in service technician training programs
- Become familiar with latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications
- Participate in all in-dealership service training activities
- Attend manufacture sponsored service trainings
- Record cause of failure and a description of work done accurately and clearly on all repair orders
- Communicate regularly with service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information
- Request parts from the parts department as necessary
- Communicate regularly with the service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm diagnosis, status of repair, road test results and completion of work
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Graduate of mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent experience
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test Technical or trade school degree preferred
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.