Position type: Full-time
Location: Northern Wilmington, DE or Berwyn, PA
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Hybrid/Onsite -The position will have a hybrid work schedule of 3 days a week in the office and 2 days a week remote.
The Bank Application Architect will play a vital technical and professional leadership role in defining the direction and extending the dimensions of Application Architecture and standardizing integrations with business-critical systems and front and backend environments, as well as implementing major transformational projects at WSFS. The Bank Application Architect will lead these systems' technical management and oversight, ensuring their successful execution and continued alignment with WSFS's bank application management strategy. The Bank Application Architect's responsibility is to develop, deploy, and optimize business systems, integration patterns, controls, and provisioning while providing thought leadership for innovative solutions to ensure capability delivery, standardization, maturity, and enhanced application functionality. The Bank Application Architect will provide thought leadership to a team of development staff supporting key systems maintenance, enhancement, and development, including coordination with multiple vendor partners for upgrading, extending and evaluating current and future WSFS capabilities.
- Leadership of application design efforts, subject matter development, including reference architectures and controls in support of governance guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Responsible for the enhancement of WSFS’s enterprise development designs and ensuring that applications are optimal, accurate, efficient, and secure.
- Establish and evolve development standards and processes to support the company's needs, and criteria for assessing and bringing new technologies into WSFS.
- Collaborate closely with the application owners, data stewards, and the technology, risk, and business members to ensure alignment of the policies and standards.
- Interface with the lines of business, PMO, all levels of management, technical staff, vendors, and others with minimal supervision to achieve project goals and initiatives.
- Collaborate with audit and governance teams to ensure that work meets internal and external inspection and audit requirements.
- Lead efforts for developing/enhancing business application requirements, related functional requirements, testing and quality determinations.
- Help to ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging solutions.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new solution under consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with vendors, clients, project delivery, operational teams and management as necessary.
- Assure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Develop work plans and track/report status of assigned projects/tasks.
- Assist with or participate on special/strategic projects/initiatives, when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in technology supporting business application systems and/or systems management. Prior banking and/or financial services industry experience highly preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of architecture design with mission critical, high transaction volume systems.
- Demonstrated experience with On-Prem as well as Cloud systems such as Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Must have demonstrated understanding of the banking business and how technology solutions impact the Bank and business areas both tactically and strategically.
- Must have proven experience in helping with the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions in a highly regulated industry.
- Must have working knowledge of APIs, microservices, databases, security, performance & scalability
- Strong experience with a variety of backend and frontend development technologies and frameworks
- Proven experience in understanding complex business problems and implementing holistic solutions to improve business processes.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to understand business vision and strategy to define an architecture that is implementable in a practical manner with minimal risk
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge and experience of Demand Management
- Demonstrates the ability to create and build a “value added” and effective relationship with the businesses that IT services.
- An understanding of business case analysis and use of ROI in funding projects.
- Experience with many of the top Banking software vendors and actual implementation of their products.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.#LI-Hybrid
This job has expired.