Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
- Write Spencer's and Spirit Halloween editorial (emails, homepage, landing pages, blogs, etc.) and marketing copy in an on-brand voice on a deadline-driven schedule
- Use SEO best practices when writing snipes, blog and other marketing pieces to raise brand visibility and drive natural search traffic.
- Demonstrate professionalism when working with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Attend weekly eCommerce meetings with creative, marketing and merchant teams to make sure editorial copy adequately showcases products and addresses merchants' needs.
- Understand each brand's style/voice and maintain tight quality control over all content created.
- Research and conduct competitive analyses to stay abreast of the ever-evolving retail industry, ensuring that our copy is competitive and best in class.
- Conduct daily site cleanup for typos, outdated descriptions and back-end errors, updating as necessary.
- Add keywords/ tags to web content and publish to appropriate channels.
- Communicate with site merchandising to maintain and monitor site thesaurus keywords
- Support other marketing content as needed.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent writing skills with a strong understanding of promotional, editorial and descriptive product copy.
- Ability to grasp and develop the brand identity, conceptualizing ideas with minimal guidance.
- A stellar problem solver who thinks critically and comes up with solutions while taking all parties' needs into consideration.
- Mastery of English grammar rules and usage, ability to grasp the brand voice and tone.
- 3 - 5 years of retail experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in pop culture.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment with strict timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail oriented.
- Team player with a positive "can-do" attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- SEO copywriting experience.
- Research and internet savvy.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of products and trends.