Directs and coordinates activities of cell buying, material planning and inventory control in creating and delivering an executable production plan for the relevant product line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for PO maintenance (launching, invoicing, RTV, expediting)
- Coordinates delivery information for all purchased parts for their assigned cell
- Supports negotiations for target lead-times and desired package sizes
- Blanket PO's setup for all active materials to improve efficiencies
- Aligns supply chain to future customer demand
- Coordinates kanban management (audits, sizing, corrective actions, etc.)
- Implementing a forward planning process to minimize purchase part shortages
- Drives shortage review weekly
- Implements best materials practices to improve efficiencies
- Recommends corrective actions to improve/sustain inventory accuracy
- Leads development and implementation of planning systems for new products and product transitions
- Translate customer demand into an executable production plan
- Determine daily/hourly output requirements for production cells
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Manage and develop existing suppliers through performance feedback.
- Delivery: OTD >95% to VOC
- Cost: All inventory class items setup on kanban/visual management. A&B inventory class items set up on kanban with a 5/20 day lead time.
- Growth: "10%" annual improvement in inventory turns.
- Quality: >95% accurate inventory for A's and B's and >75% for C's.
- Inventory Reduction
- Kanban penetration
- Inventory & kanban accuracy
Job Requirements Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 4 year technical degree preferred or related technical experience
- Possess or pursuing APICS or CPM certification
- Oracle experience required; strong understanding of ERP systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Previous buying and planning experience required
- Strong lean manufacturing background (Kanban Management)
- Team player, self motivated
- Results orientation
- Understanding of inventory turns and how to optimize results
- Passionate about application of Continuous Improvement
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
This job has expired.