The Motor Technician has a good working knowledge of both past and present product lines and has demonstrated ability to perform with little or no assistance. In addition, the Motor Technician must plan, layout, and perform a variety of duties including electrical, mechanical, and general maintenance of equipment as described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Tear down, disassemble, and diagnose equipment malfunctions; make repairs and adjustments in order to ensure equipment operates to satisfactory performance.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical motor or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause/corrective action (RCCA).
- Perform necessary Quality checks and data collection
- Fabricate and construct equipment or structures by reading and interpreting IM, blueprints, and work orders.
- Work with new and innovative equipment to maintain any system or process with the understanding of production requirements.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- High School Diploma or GED
Work-related hazards include moving heavy motors, using high voltage, and working with chemicals.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.