Manage all aspects of the plant operations. Provide strong leadership, training, team building and supervision with an emphasis on employee development. Manage all mine planning, operational, financial, safety, environmental, personnel, and community relations duties at the mine in accordance with company programs, policies, and guidelines as well as government agencies including MSHA. Responsible for training and development of team, scheduling, performance management, and effective leadership of hourly workforce. Successfully implement the Company's safety and environmental processes. Monitor, recommend, and implement repairs and routine maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds. Investigates abnormal operating events or equipment failures to determine cause; adjusts, repairs, and/or modifications as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Thisposition is at our Black Spur Quarry located inUvalde, Texas. Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor\u2019s degree in Engineering (preferably Mining or Civil) or equivalent work experience, listed below, required
- 5+years' experience in aggregate operations with understanding of mineral processing equipment such as crushers, screens, conveyors, and associated mobile equipment preferred
- Minimum3+ year supervisory experience in a mining environment preferred
- Experience with pit design/exploration, drilling, blasting, inventory control, inventory measures and customer service preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of MSHA regulations and possess a strong personal commitment to safety
- Self-starter with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; capable of developing and maintaining good relationships with company and regulatory agency personnel
- Strong leadership skills; possess the ability to lead, manage and motivate; have a proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety, production and quality
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; strong planning skills
- Proficient on PC to include MS Office suite - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Fluency in the use of JDE, CMMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc. preferred
- Process oriented and can facilitate the use of systems
- Ability to work flexible schedule as required; including weekends
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds from ground to waist is required, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate P.C., telephone and other office equipment, repetitive motion, standing, sitting (must be able to set for extended periods of time up to 8 hours), walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, client/customer contact, squatting to perform the essential functions.Working Conditions
Majority of time will be outside and may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry and dusty. Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs.Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.