With over 100 offices and nearly 6,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level tax compliance, consulting and co-sourcing services to Private Equity firms of all sizes, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- Top 101 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2022 Top Workplaces USA
- 2021 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
- 2021 Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness
- 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services. Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Work on assigned segments of audit or accounting engagements, in some instances assuming substantial responsibility (under supervision) for small accounting engagements involving compiled or reviewed financial statements.
- Perform risk assessment procedures including obtaining an understanding of internal controls and assessment of control risk as well as development of further audit procedures.
- Supervise and train less experience staff associates.
- Monitor progress of assigned segments of audit or accounting engagements in relation to budgets and due dates and communicate issues to supervisors on a timely basis.
- Prepare and/or review adequate documentation in compliance with professional standards and firm policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Review all workpapers, financial statements before submission to manager for further review.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit- and tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases.
- Stay up to date on Firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and state CPA society's rules, regulations and Code of Ethics.
- Regularly read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Prepare for and obtain a CPA license in California.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have completed at least one "Busy Season"
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free)or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]
This job has expired.