Accounting/Audit Consultant This Position is 100% Remote Telework.
Vintun LLC is a small, disadvantaged business established under the Native Hawaiian Owned 8(a) program. As a professional services firm that provides consulting and advisory services to clients, Vintun works to improve operational efficiency and to accomplish organizational objectives as well as serves as a leading provider for information services and business management services to the Federal Government. We seek to create impactful solutions that yield lasting results. Vintun is headquartered in Alexandria, VA with client support offices in San Diego and Hawaii. Vintun offers a highly competitive benefits package that reflects our objective of employing top industry performers.
Vintun is seeking a forward-thinking Accounting/Audit Consultant to join our team in support of our Army Materiel Command (AMC)/United States Army Environmental Command (USAEC) contract, supporting tasks in the areas of financial management, business process improvement, internal control management, and audit response and remediation relating to Environmental & Disposal Liabilities (E&DL) audit readiness initiatives. The potential candidate should have experience in supporting both financial management and DoD audit readiness initiatives, and/or E&DL related fields. The candidate will play a critical role in supporting installations to QC Review Cost to Complete (CTC) estimates. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to challenging and changing situations quickly while being able to facilitate the completion of multiple tasks and assignments.
This Position is 100% Remote Telework.
What will you do?
Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications
- Assist the client with end-to-end Environmental & Disposal Liabilities (E&DL) audit readiness initiatives
- Assist with the annual quality control (QC) review of Cost-to-Complete (CTC) E&DL estimates across the Army Materiel Command (AMC). This includes reviewing the auditability of estimating methodologies
- Apply fundamental audit principles to concepts, processes, practices, and procedures of Environmental & Disposal Liabilities
- As appropriate, develop corrective actions and resolve audit findings related to Environmental & Disposal Liabilities
- Assist with Environmental & Disposal Liabilities financial reporting data calls and year over year variance analysis
- Assist with comparative analysis and justification of fiscal year requirements and the environmental cost estimates to assist with accuracy and integrity of budget justifications and other various environmental data submissions.
- Update relevant standard operating procedures as appropriate
- Apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- 4 years of experience with federal financial management, AND 2 years of experience with DoD audit readiness.
- Environmental & Disposal Liabilities experience strongly preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in business, accounting, finance, or related experience
- Specialized certification to include CPA, CGFM, CDFM, or other equivalent not required but preferred
- Professional services experience and/or experience supporting public sector clients
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25lbs.
Please note: Vintun LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions, functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Vintun LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.