Position/Job Title: Audio Visual Fabrication Engineer - Senior
Work Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia - U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for an Audio-Visual Fabrication Engineer - Senior that has an array of technical knowledge to strategically plan and implement the best equipment installations and operations at various events. The AV engineer will need to take care of installations and sets up, as well as conducting tests, assessments, and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The audio-visual engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of audio-visual solutions to support a wide range of projects. This includes designing sound systems that are designed to meet client needs; developing new products or enhancements as needed; creating custom software packages, including but not limited, to digital audio interfaces (either analog or digital); providing technical assistance with project management functions such Ascend/Standardization tools, etc. The candidate must have experience working on multiple projects simultaneously within an agile environment while maintaining high quality standards at all times.
Detailed duties include but not limited to:
Job Requirements Qualifications
- Develop audio visual solutions for the production of commercial and non-commercial audiovisual projects.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive sound design process that includes conceptualizing, developing, testing, and maintaining all aspects of audio-visual systems including, but not limited to sound design, audio visual analysis, production planning, technical support.
- Assessing project scope through technical documentation (either in writing or verbally).
- Work with other engineers on various projects as needed; develop work plans from concept to completion.
- Perform pre-production analysis/design phases.
- Review existing audio-visual concepts using software such as Asy.
- Other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Requirements
- BA/BS Degree with at least 8 years' experience needed.
- IAT II: At least 8 years in IA technology or a related area
- IAT Level II
- CE: Crestron
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certifications: CCNA Security: CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or CND, or SSCP
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
- In the event that personnel assigned to this contract are required for early/late/weekend support, the anticipated hours are:
- Alternate Day Shift 0630-1030 and 1500-1900
- Alternate Swing Shift 1300-1700 and 1900-2300
- Alternate Midnight Shift 2100-0100 and 0300-0700
- Weekend Shift 0830-1330 on Saturdays, with five hours shifted from weekday work.
- These operating hours and days may vary based on the requirements of the agency. Contractor personnel work schedules may be "flexed" to meet the IT service needs of the organization for weekend and extended duty periods during regular training and exercises, while still adhering to the standard 40-hour work week.
- Overtime will not be authorized.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including, but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.