Under supervision of Assistant General Counsel or other legal executives, this attorney performs routine legal work in support of business units or departments within the BSWH group of affiliated organizations, including BSWH’s Health Plan, Accountable Care Organization and Value-Based Care.
- Provides legal support for a variety of corporate, operational and health care/health plan, accountable care organization, and value-based care related matters and reviews,
- Drafts and edits agreements, reports, opinions, correspondence, and other documentation in support of the Legal executive team.
- Conducts research into a variety of legal and risk management issues in field of expertise and stays abreast of legislation, trends, issues and best practices pertaining to assigned areas.
- Supports the preparation, review and negotiation of complex contracts or assesses liability, damages and supports defense to allegations.
- Coordinates communication with other attorneys within the department to provide legal advice and counsel on business matters and issues that arise as needed.
- Reviews court decisions, proposed legislation and proposed programs/policies to assess, render an opinion and communicate impact with Legal executive team.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Health Plan and Healthcare experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Insurance Regulation and Coverage
- Governmental Programs and Health Insurance Exchange
- Health Plan Vendor Contracting
- Commercial and Direct-to-Employer Contracting
- Accountable Care Organizations and Provider Networks
- Healthcare Regulatory Compliance/Investigations
- Value-Based Care
- Demonstrated judgement skills in the practical application of legal principles.
- Exhibits high integrity, a willingness to listen respectably and to work collaboratively in our culture.
- Exhibits strong organizational and prioritization skills with minimal supervision.
- Exercises independent judgment as legal counsel and advisor.
- Displays exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solves complex issues and problems, provides strategic perspective and demonstrates savvy with understanding and problem-solving abilities
- Possesses strong writing and research skills
- Computer proficiency
- 1-5 years of experience
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- Licensed, State Bar of Texas
Posted 15 minutes ago
Posted 15 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago