VCA Westside Animal Hospital located in West Sacramento, CA is looking for an Associate Veterinarian who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.
Come practice your best medicine at VCA Westside Animal hospital in West Sacramento! Our new hospital was built in 2019 and enjoys a beautiful lobby, spacious exam rooms, a well-equipped treatment room, surgical suite, and double dental tables. Our staff is experienced with 6 full-time RVT's currently on staff. Our staff doctors are friendly and open to mentoring the recently graduated.
We are looking for a full-time veterinarian willing to work 40 hours a week. Our current schedule need is a doctor on Thursday through Sunday. We are open 7 days a week, from 8-6 PM on weekdays, and 9-5 on weekends. No on-call schedule and we have several local emergency hospitals to which to refer.
West Sacramento is a growing community conveniently located across the river from all the amenities found in downtown Sacramento. Located in the Sacramento valley, West Sacramento is just an hour or two from wine country, the San Francisco Bay, Tahoe, and the Sierra Nevada's.
[Check out our Community Partnerships Here: Sacramento SPCA / Placer SPCA]
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $100k to $180k. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com