Work Location: [[filter4]] Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Department: LS-OIY-PF Packaging-F&F
This information if for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
At MilliporeSigma this Associate Production Scientist will manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process.
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel
- Act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
Shift: Hours are 6:00 AM- 2:30 PM Who You Are:
- BS or BA Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related life science discipline OR 4+ years of work experience in a chemical production, laboratory or chemical engineering role
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
- Independent lab research Industrial experience
- Training necessary to learn specifics of job adequately to work independently
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Independent chemistry lab research
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214998
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.