At AstraZeneca's, our diversified portfolio brings exposure to a variety of different areas. It is matched by our global footprint, with opportunities to work with and in different markets or on a global scale. Currently, we have openings, depending on experience, for an exciting ONSITE role that will be based on our Gaithersburg, MD campus for either an Associate Director of HEOR - US Oncology.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director, HEOR - US Oncology role sits within the United States the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization and interacts with Payer, Medical and Commercial teams to design and implement observational research tactics in support of AZ products. Activities focus on the generation of evidence to assist payer and health care provider (HCP) decision-makers and include scientific evidence for reimbursement dossiers and market access in the US. This role supports the internal and external communication of the clinical and economic value proposition and of scientific results to achieve maximal scientific impact and commercial success of AZ products throughout their life cycle. This position requires an individual with scientific knowledge of HEOR and its application throughout development process, business acumen, and interpersonal skills.
- Support the development and execution of the evidence generation tactics to support articulation of product clinical and economic value.
- Participate in the research planning process and the process of resolution of complex issues, especially if they affect market access decisions and evidence for product.
- Periodically participate in the Core Medical Team (CMT).
- Support senior HEOR members to help develop strategy and execute a response to value reviews of AZ products by external organizations, as appropriate and in alignment with current AZ approach.
- Serve as observational research knowledge holder within Therapeutic Area (TA).
- Remain actively aware of the product environment by developing relationships with internal, (cross-functional, within the US and Global organizations) and external interactions with scientific experts.
Minimum Qualification Requirements Education and Experience
- Support the design, protocol development, championing through governance, execution, and communication of observational research and pharmacoeconomic analyses (e.g., retrospective database analyses, payer analytic tools, systematic reviews, network meta-analyses, budget impact models, cost effectiveness models).
- Collaboration with Field Medical Affairs teams to compile evidence required to satisfy payer requirements, as necessary.
- Establish knowledge and effective use of internal and external data sources and/or research to support payer reimbursement dossiers and payer value propositions.
- Provide tactical input for the preparation of reimbursement/formulary documents.
- Maintain current and continue to learn methods of HEOR analytical methodologies.
- Master's degree in relevant field (e.g., health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
- Minimum of one year in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/medical device industry (fellowship allowed)
- Experience in the Oncology Payer space would be of value
- Doctoral degree in relevant field preferred (e.g., Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.D.)
- Two years of relevant experience (e.g., academia, consulting, and/or industry)
- Working knowledge of Real-World Evidence and HEOR and their application to pharmaceutical development within the US market.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system and its changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information.
- Developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- Active application of therapeutic area and disease treatment knowledge
- Able to implement projects, including engagement with key stakeholders, with a degree of autonomy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Together, as ambitious experts, we're building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business and Oncology. Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.