At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director, US Market Access Communications is part of the US External Communications team and responsible for developing, planning and executing effective internal and external communications for the US Market Access team. You'll provide strategic counsel, develop communications plans and implement high-impact coordinated communications messages for audiences within the US market and across the AstraZeneca organization.
- Work collaboratively and in cross-functional teams to develop and support comprehensive, integrated communication plans and campaigns with metrics that drive employee engagement and support of business strategies and priorities.
- Responsible for internal communications within US Market Access and to other relevant parts of AstraZeneca
- Manage internal communications initiatives that increase employee engagement and align with strategy and business priorities
- Drive the planning, development and delivery for internal flagship events and programs such as Webinars, articles on AstraZeneca's intranet and bite-size videos for our internal social channels in coordination with Corporate Affairs Internal Communications colleagues
- Advise leadership on sequencing for communication cascades and counsel them on message, approach and style for organizational change communications
- Drive the planning, development and delivery of external communications such as speaking opportunities, media opportunities, social engagement on LinkedIn, etc. for US Market Access leadership in coordination with Corporate Affairs External Communications colleagues
- Develop and manage communications strategies and execution for internal and external communications channels.
- Encourage cross-functional teamwork and information exchange across the organization
- Ensure all internal communications share a unified, on-brand look and feel that reflect the company's business priorities and strategy
- Uncover issues proactively, identify trends and concerns and craft critical communication plans to shape current thinking
- Ensure that communications are in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Provide insight on the needs and issues of the audiences to influence results
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, communication, public relations or related field
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, corporate communications function or PR agency
- Ability to set and handle priorities, deadlines, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Solid understanding in the latest in digital and social media technology, and channels
- Use of data & analytics to evaluate campaigns & generate insights, as well as capture ROI
- Experience developing and implementing coordinated, multi-channel communication strategies and plans
- Experience interacting and providing counsel to senior leaders as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience managing project teams and third-party vendors
- First-rate coordination, teamwork, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with sales, marketing and other commercial communications
- Corporate, executive, internal and external communications experience
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system
- Knowledge of the Pharma industry
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.