KELLEY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (BL-BUS-IUBLA)
The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University is a comprehensive provider of top-tier business education with a full portfolio of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive programs on campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis, and online worldwide. The Kelley School has been creating career momentum for 100 years, going from 70 students in 1920 to an enrollment of more than 12,000 students today. Our innovative curriculum is built on personal development, teamwork, and experiential learning with an emphasis on global and social responsibility. Our success is reflected in our reputation among academic peers, our career placement statistics, and the accomplishments of more than 117,000 living alumni around the globe.
The Associate Director will support the full-time MBA program by designing and managing its portfolio of international programs, including university partnerships, student exchanges and study abroad, and the GLOBASE program.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Oversee GLOBASE consulting program, providing oversight for all aspects of GLOBASE logistical planning.
- Establish and maintain exchange agreements with partner schools abroad.
- Promotes and manage study abroad opportunities for Kelley students.
- Oversees application, onboarding and advising for incoming exchange students.
- Manages the 1Kelley consulting program and course.
- Oversees the Washington Campus program, including promotion and student enrollment.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Sungkyunkwan University relationship for dual degree and exchange students.
- Plans, directs and implements programs or events, including the creation of materials to support these events.
- Provides staff communications and serves as liaison to program participants, collaborators in other units, community partners, vendors and the public; approves staff purchase requests; arranges staff travel, accommodations, and research activities.
- Provides mechanisms, training, and advice on a variety of issues such as budget management software and advanced strategies for timely spending of grant funds. May be responsible for meeting revenue targets.
- Recruits, trains, directs, schedules, and evaluates faculty and staff partners, students and volunteers. Mentors, serves as a resource and provides guidance to team staff members as needed.
- Researches available grants and works closely with managers to identify funding needs and potential sources, creates grant proposals that further advance support of the program and program participants; May be responsible for meeting revenue targets.
- Constructs and administers program budgets and approves spending. Tracks progress on deliverables, analyzes data on projected spending and prepares reports for higher management and funding sources.
- Keep abreast of best practices to recommend policies and procedures that deliver a quality program experience.
WORK EXPERIENCERequiredCombinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
Working Conditions / Demands
- International travel and experience.
- Ability to create positive, intentional growth and engaging opportunities for students.
- Ability to effectively represent the MBA program with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Program Management
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us