Global Commercial Capability COE Leader
You have a talent for recognizing trends and aiming for bigger goals
You have a solid interest in keeping up with trends, market needs, and your organization's competitive standing, and you share your broad awareness with those under your management to inform their decisions, as it does yours. Your overview will help inform our ability to innovate, adapt, and stay ahead of the curve. We will listen carefully to your observations and recognize and reward your managerial leadership.
You're not the person who will settle for just any role. Neither are we. Because we're out to create Better Care for a Better World, and that takes a certain kind of person and teams who care about making a difference. Here, you'll bring your professional expertise, talent, and drive to building and managing our portfolio of iconic, ground-breaking brands. In your Global Commercial Capability COE Leader role, you'll help us deliver better care for billions of people around the world.
At Kimberly-Clark, you'll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We're founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we're always looking for new and better ways to perform-so what can you do with that? There's no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark. It's all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being.
In this role you will join the Customer Experience & Marketing Global Team and report to the VP, Customer Experience and Marketing. With Customers & Learners at the center, the purpose of Global Commercial Capability COE Leader is to transform KCP's thought leadership & direction of high impact capabilities to accelerate top-tier performance worldwide.
- Champion a high performance and faster learning organization globally, by developing and deploying a 3-year roadmap to improve commercial capability globally and to drive standardization across regions with world-class frameworks for executing learning priorities to direct and indirect selling, e-commerce, and marketing communities worldwide.
- Drive a learning culture that embodies the 4 ways of working (Customer Focus, Move Fast, Grow our People, Play to Win) and create regenerative training and learning communities that drive worldwide scale and that engender enthusiasm to continuously raise the bar of what best practice is.
- Linked to the SBP and ambition of organization, drive and influence the prioritization of the commercial learning global curriculum and execution of commercial learning projects into regions. Champion commercial capability recommendations globally (frameworks, budget, standards, processes, systems, tools, team effectiveness, learning, external SME vendors).
- Track commercial competency assessments and metrics annually to inform progress and future learning priorities that enable teams to reach high performance, effectiveness, and contribute to the business at a faster rate.
The scope of the Commercial Capability COE will be responsible for 4 key pillars: (1) Define, deploy & gain rapid adoption of 'The K-C Way of Selling, E-commerce, & Marketing' worldwide; (2) Define & deploy 'Elevated Learning Experiences' worldwide; (3) Define, deploy, and gain rapid 'Acceleration of New/Best Practices' worldwide; (4) Track worldwide progress of proficiencies for Global Sales & Marketing Competencies.
COE Decision Scope:
- Develop a 3-year road map to improve the commercial capability globally and drive standardization across regions
- Global Learning Budget of 'all-in' priorities
- Learning Strategy for direct & indirect Selling, Ecommerce & Marketing communities
- Learning content strategy, design, and critical inputs
- New/Best Practice development, documentation, and process for repeatability
- Curriculum and learning methodologies and mediums
- Team leadership, hiring, and development (5 direct global reports, 4 indirect regional leaders)
- Vendor selection and Management
- Change management of sales, e-commerce and marketing capability standards & processes
Regional Decision Scope:
- Customization and Management of programs
- Regional/Local learning
- Segment/ Category adaptation
- Develop a 3-year road map to improve the sales, ecommerce, and marketing capability globally.
- Work closely with functional teams to gain in-depth understanding of business and performance objectives and needs to develop 3-year learning priorities, roadmap & annual calendar.
- Proactively work with global leadership team to prioritize sales, e-commerce, and marketing training development and execution between COE & Regions. Drive standardization and adoption across regions; Facilitate decision-making, problem-solving sessions and change adoption across regions and commercial functions
- Lead assessments to benchmark against industry standards, identify baselines, track progress, and inform learning prioritization (budgets, standards, process, systems, tools, team effectiveness, and learning);Lead the design and development of global learning programs, frameworks and solutions using advanced instructional designs and adult learning methodology for direct & indirect sales, e-commerce and marketing communities.
- Champion performance-driven new/best practices and integrate into our ways of working and standards worldwide for regeneration and repeatability (train the trainers, relevant content, data-driven proof sources, testimonials, examples, skill demonstration, case studies).
- Manage outside vendors & RFPs to deliver consistency in The KCP Way of Selling & Marketing, and other critically relevant content and key learning concepts; Champion new and existing sales, ecommerce and marketing initiatives into learning solutions and ensure alignment with business strategies
- Lead the recommendation of global enhancements and implement improvements to learning programs (i.e., instructor led, website, e-learning, assessments, training materials, etc); Champion the execution of Commercial Strategic Initiatives through learner curriculum development and Global Sales, E-commerce & Marketing Competencies.
- Manage multiple development efforts & inputs across functions, communicate consistently to project team members, deliver business benefits in a timely and cost-effective manner. Address barriers to execution issues.
- Drive integration of data, processes, systems with technology for sales success and visibility; Develop measurement/evaluation process to ensure that COE programs deliver positive business results and ROI
- Build and lead a team of high-performing subject matter experts in sales, e-commerce, and marketing; this role involves leading a team 5 direct reports (ecommerce, sales, and marketing capability)
You're driven to perform at the highest level possible, and you appreciate a performance culture fueled by authentic caring. You want to be part of a company actively dedicated to sustainability, inclusion, wellbeing, and career development.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; and 7+ years of B2B functional experience in at least two of the three capability areas (e.g. sales and, marketing, ecommerce)
- Proven experience of managing and improving L&D B2B (business to business) capabilities, systems, methodologies, and technologies associated with sales enablement and support
- Exceptional external vendor management is required in identifying and developing world class training as well as customization of learning programs as needed into markets
- Broad business perspective across customer/segment/category/competitive trends
- Broad knowledge of informal networks and organizational dynamics - must have proven success working in a matrix collaboratively to drive outcomes needed
- Ability to implement broad change across a global organization through clarity of message, empathetic relationship building and influence, with an understanding of cultural/ regional nuances
- Diverse team leadership and development experience
- Advanced level of English (written and verbal)
Location: This role will have a hybrid model and can sit out of one of the main Kimberly-Clark office locations in one of the following regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.