Under the direction of the Senior Director/Director of Clinical Management, the Associate Director is responsible for the operational strategy and management of Otsuka clinical programs, including coordination with other relevant parties (e.g., other Otsuka departments, external service providers (ESPs), etc.). Responsibilities include the planning, execution, and completion of clinical programs according to applicable regulations and guidance; ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and Otsuka SOPs, within agreed upon timelines and budget.
• Provides scientific clinical research and operational expertise in the development of overall strategy and objectives of the Global Clinical Development Plan (GCDP), including performing/overseeing and providing background research.
• Ensures program specific standards (e.g., CRFs, outsourcing specifications, slides, training, templates) are developed and applied across all studies to ensure consistency of clinical dossier.
• Contributes to final analysis and interpretation including the development of clinical trial reports, publications, and internal/external presentations.
• Develops program level financial estimates and contributes to the MLTP.
• May lead program level teams as Co-Chair and/or serves as lead clinical management representative for various meetings including, CRT/GBT/PDC/JDC/Alliance.
• Contributes to the preparation and defense of clinical program documents (investigator brochure (IB)/IMPD, IND/CTA annual reports, Health Authority briefing books and submissions (NDA, MA, NDS etc.), including ongoing maintenance of filings and support of labeling teams.
• May lead development of clinical sections of regulatory documents (i.e., Investigators' Brochures, briefing books, submission dossier, and responses to Health Authorities questions) and inspection readiness programs, where appropriate.
• Develops strong scientific partnership with key advisors in assigned therapy area to optimize scientific quality/innovation of clinical study design, execution, reporting and publication. Leads program-related advisory boards/committees and meetings.
• Supports the design & implementation of a program level HEOR strategy, including endpoint development where necessary.
• Serves as contact for Medical Affairs/PBS related to medical information requests, public disclosure of information (e.g., clinicaltrials.gov) and publications strategies.
• May represent assigned programs to senior management and OPCJ and disseminates information and tasks to team members.
• Participate in External Service Provider (ESP) partnership governance and alliance management activities as assigned.
• Assists Senior Director/Director with portfolio level resource planning.
• Serve as Clinical Management representative for review of protocols within and across portfolios, as assigned.
• Gives direction, training, and support to Clinical Management personnel within program/compound team.
• Participates in ongoing review of clinical trial data focusing on data integrity, trending, and consistency.
• Ensures inspection readiness activities are planned and conducted appropriately across program.
• Participate in program-level risk mitigation activities.
• Represent Clinical Management in departmental and cross-functional initiatives, as assigned.
• Leads and/or contributes to assigned departmental, ESP and corporate standardization and continuous improvement efforts.
• May have supervisory responsibilities including:
o Coordinating the training and onboarding of new employee(s) on corporate culture, corporate goals/vision and departmental policies and processes.
o Assuring compliance with departmental, SOP, compliance, and corporate training
o Ensuring assigned staff have access to all required materials, systems, and training to complete job responsibilities.
o Setting clear performance expectations and individual development plans and providing specific and frequent feedback to the employee on his/her performance.
• Performs other duties, as assigned. Qualifications/ Required Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
• Comprehensive knowledge of clinical operations, drug development process, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and GCP/ICH regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of contract research organizations (CROs), outsourcing, and evaluation of work performed against vendor Statement of Work (SOW).
• Advanced understanding of drug development principles and clinical trial implementation and management.
• Strong knowledge of global regulatory requirements and compliance, biostatistics, data management, and medical writing.
• Strong communication, organization, planning, analytical, problem solving, and people management skills.
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in working with the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Good understanding of clinical trial related software (e.g., eCRFs, IRT, CTMS, etc.).
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 12 years of applicable pharmaceutical industry experience including 9 years clinical trial management experience. Previous supervisory experience.
• Advanced Degree
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!