As an Associate Director, Alliance Management at Otsuka, you will get the opportunity to optimize the value of assigned pharmaceutical industry and digital health industry alliances. Efforts will span the continuum of our engagements with collaborators - from providing pre-deal input on the governance model to supporting and/or leading alliances through the full lifecycle of start-up, ongoing performance, and when appropriate, close-out. As part of these efforts, you will work to enhance the Alliance Management function and the company's overarching Alliance Management capability (continuously improving) to achieve success through such collaborations.
- Participate in review of new collaborator contract negotiations as appropriate and provide input into terms of the contract - in particular, governance structures and processes.
Post-Deal - Alliance Management Lifecycle:
- For assigned alliances, provide operational support (governance, documentation, etc.) across the alliance life cycle from start-up to close-out to realize the spirit and intent of the alliance.
- As appropriate, support the assigned lead Alliance Managers: including but not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing and disseminating meeting materials, supporting efforts around managing conflict resolution and escalation processes, etc.
- Plan, execute, and monitor operational activities of alliance
- Regularly communicate with internal and external (collaborator) stakeholders regarding alliance status and issues
- Identify alliance-related issues early and bring to the appropriate stakeholders/forums in a timely manner; take initial responsibility for conflict resolution both internally and with collaborators.
- Support collaborations by deploying regular alliance audits and health surveys and delivering analyses, presentation of results and recommendations for implementation.
- Promote/Foster development of a collaborative culture across the organization
- Ensure cross-functional monitoring, coordination, and mutual compliance with contractual obligations
- Document and analyze lessons learned within the alliance management forum to constantly improve and strengthen Alliance Management within Otsuka
- Assist in the development of internal tools, systems, processes, and standard methodologies for the smooth operation of the alliance management function.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Business, Medicine, or other relevant area.
- 10+ years in Pharma and/or Digital Health (or related) industries.
- 5+ years in Alliance Management, Program Management, Business Development or related function.
- Experience working in a cross-matrix project team is essential with clinical and commercial development experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to effectively facilitate large cross-functional, cross-companies' meetings
- Familiarity with legal and contractual governance.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Willingness to be accountable for all aspects of the alliance collaboration.
- Requires strong understanding of the research, development, and commercialization of new drugs
- Demonstrated sensitivity and knowledge of cultural differences with experience in multi-country, multi-cultural environments within varying geographies
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.