When you love what you do, it's more thana job. It's a passion, and a Mission.
As a member of the Goodwill Retail team you will build relationships with customers by providing a seamless and unique customer experience. We are seeking customer service-minded individuals who want to help us support our mission in any one of our 37 retail locations.
Right now, our North Tacoma, WA store is seeking a Full Time Assistant Manager!
Salary: Up To $40,000 Annually!
Position Summary: Assistant Managers have direct supervision of all retail supervisors, and hourly staff who have access to the vault and/or registers. They have responsibility with regard to total store supervision on a day by day basis to meet the needs of the store and its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Assistant Manager responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned:
Full Cycle Hiring
- Performs all opening and closing procedures and responsibilities
- Ensure that the store audits are maintained at or above an acceptable level
- Ensure the LP Audits are maintained at an acceptable level
- The lead for the semi-annual inventory
- Monitor all safe procedures and insures all cash handling procedures are per policy
- the lead for all supplies and the orders needed to maintain the function of the store while maintaining expenses to budget for monthly and annually reports
- Ensure that payroll expenses are in line within budgeted parameters
- Able to delegate work to appropriate employees.
- Ensure that all wage requests and payroll timekeeping in up to date for all employees
- Is responsible for all employee reimbursements, for petty cash, and travel related expenses
- Is responsible to ensure the building and its functions are properly maintained and any requests for maintenance are properly documented and followed up
- Ensure security and safety systems are in working order, including but not limited to door locks, alarms, bank deposits, refunds, vouchers, and incident reports
- Be active in interviewing and onboarding new employees by following Goodwill's processes for ensuring that hiring is done correctly and thoroughly.
- Is the security "captain" for the location, works in cooperation with management and Loss Prevention to protect company assets from internal and external theft.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to a variety of customers.
5401 6th Ave Ste 600, Tacoma, Washington 98406RequirementsQualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
We Have You Covered:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three years related experience in retail supervision or management with proven incremental supervisory advancement
- Exceptional analytical, judgment, decision-making and communications skills
- Superior coaching, leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build understanding
- Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, a 401(k) after a year of employment, and other benefits
- All employees receive merchandise discounts
- We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple avenues for career growth
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.Cultural Competency:
Demonstrate cultural competence; specifically, awareness, attitude, knowledge, willingness and skills to work effectively with a culturally and demographically diverse population.Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret hard data and metrics. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and average.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.Other Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of an Assistant Manager.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Not required for this position.Other Qualifications:
Self-motivated; resourceful, creative; high integrity; problem solver; looks to resolve issues; positive can-do approach; and ability to build effective working relationships.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.Work Environment:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Goodwill gladly considers requests for accommodation and, if the requested accommodation is reasonable, will make such reasonable accommodations as will enable an otherwise qualified person with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.At Goodwill
we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We embrace our employees' differences, and believe in meeting the members of our workforce and their communities where they are. Since our doors first opened in 1921, we have been changing lives by offering a hand up, not a hand out. We invite you to join us for our next 100 years of service to our neighbors.Our Mission
is to help people reach their fullest potential through individual education, job placement and career pathway services made possible by community donations, purchases and partnerships.At Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to apply.This organization participates in E-Verify.
E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
This job has expired.