Assistant Director of Online Programs
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Education addresses the challenges facing today's learners by advancing knowledge and impacting policy through teaching, research, and outreach. Developing tools and methods which contribute to making education equitable and accessible to all learners is core to our mission. We prepare leaders, researchers and educators that are passionate advocates committed to transforming learners at all stages of the life span.
At this time, the College of Education invites applications for the Assistant Director of Online Programs. Under the direction of the Director of Online Programs, the person in this position will facilitate student recruitment and outreach, assist with enrollment management and business analytics, and provide student success services for the College of Education's online programs.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment and Outreach:
Enrollment Management and Data Analytics:
- Coordinate student recruitment for College of Education online programs through online webinars, recruiting events, onsite meetings and responding to prospective student inquiries
- Work with College of Education departments, MOOC providers, and college partners to identify new online program opportunities for emerging markets / communities; coordinate regular online informational webinars for prospects about College of Education online programs
- Collaborate with College of Education and Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) marketing teams to implement long and short-term marketing campaigns; coordinate the development and dissemination of marketing materials including maintaining webpages and social media platforms, development of videos, news releases, and related reports
- Coordinate with College of Education, CITL and other university data managers to analyze data about the needs and preferences of prospective, current, and past students and program enrollment patterns and trends; work with various departments and stakeholders in the college to establish enrollment goals
- Assist in the evaluation of College of Education online program operations by gathering and analyzing data on the various aspects of College of Education online programs operations (e.g., application processes, student services, course scheduling, marketing, data analytics, instructional technologies, course design etc.) to enhance student satisfaction and success, ascertain return-on-investment, and ensure decision-making is in the best interest of students, programs, and the college
- Prepare data for comprehensive, annual college and campus reports and national reports about online program rankings
- Facilitate online student success by developing new student onboarding guidelines and informational sessions for College of Education online programs
- Guide and inform prospective and current students on career paths and opportunities; conduct informational sessions on job search tools, career-development skills and individual consulting
- Collaborate with College of Education and university alumni and advancement offices to facilitate outreach to online alumni; facilitate the establishment of networks between prospective students, current students, and alumni
- Facilitate online events and programs to help build sense of community for online students in the college
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Required:
- In partnership with IT Partners at Education and CITL, coordinate faculty/instructor development and support as it relates to the prioritization, planning, development, implementation, and assessment of online/blended courses
- Manage instructional needs for existing and new MOOC-based collaborations; coordinate deadlines, student admissions, course registrations and other logistics with various entities such as Education's Graduate Student Services Office (GSSO), CITL, and MOOC providers such as Coursera.
- Assist with other online programs operations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Instructional Technology or a related field.
- Two years of experience in online student recruitment and marketing online programs, managing social media platforms at the institutional, college or department levels in the higher education environment. Demonstrated experience in enrollment management and business data analytics in the higher education environment; Demonstrated experience in gathering and analyzing data relating to key performance indicators of online programs, generating reports, and presenting findings to internal and external audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Human Resource Development, Higher Education Administration, Instructional Technology or a related field
- Five years of experience with gathering and analyzing data relating to key performance indicators of online programs, generating reports, and presenting findings to internal and external audiences; Five years of experience with student recruitment and student outreach for online programs; Five years of experience with costing models, assessing financials and return-on-investment on online programs; Demonstrable experience with MOOC providers to identify opportunities for new online programs in emerging markets / communities; Demonstrable experience combining creativity with technical expertise to develop marketing strategies to grow online programs; Working knowledge with supporting student needs in the realm of career-development, talent acquisition/management, career coaching strategies, career search technology tools, career-related networking tools and strategies.
- Ability to understand needs and preferences of current and prospective students and to match program and course offerings to target audiences.
- Working knowledge of maintaining websites, managing social media platforms and digital marketing software and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with a world-class service of students, faculty and staff in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Excellent project and time management, team building and conflict resolution skills, as well as, ability to work cooperatively with all constituents of the College of Education.
- Ability to act with initiative, make independent decisions, and prioritize with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task by managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 10, 2021
. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
- cover letter
- resume (months and years of employment must be included)
- academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma may be acceptable) for all degrees attained
- names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:
College of Education
Assistant Director of Online Programs - College of Education (144128)
Student Acad Affairs - Grad/Online