Job ID: 300299
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
ASPHALT ROLLER OPERATOR - Knoxville, TN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using various Roller Equipment/Power Broom.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to pave roadways utilizing roller equipment and to perform additional tasks of other positions per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to follow Traffic Control Crew instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet APAC Driver Qualification Standard.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to withstand physical demands associated with heavy highway construction
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, riding, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting - these will occupy most of work day
- Ability to withstand common vibratory motion associated with operation of most roller equipment and sometimes on rough terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
- The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Ability to utilize Power Broom or Roller equipment with attention to detail and emphasis on craftmanship
- 1-2 years experience on roller or similar equipment
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.