Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
This position is responsible for all work within a given operational area including providing leadership, setting clear performance expectations, oversight, and strategic direction to ensure the delivery of short- and long-term goals.
Intermountain Slurry Seal Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Granite Construction, has been serving the Pavement Preservation industry since 1978. With over 40years of experience, Intermountain provides a wide array of services and solutions that meet all residential street, highway, and commercial customer Pavement Preservation needs. At Intermountain we value our employees, recognizing that our success has been achieved through the loyalty, hard work, and expertise of our people.
Education & Work Experience:
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of strategic plan for the area and business unit that promotes growth of the business unit and its capabilities, which are consistent with the Group and corporate strategic plans and goals.
- Prepare and communicate accurate and timely financial forecasts, budgets, and projections.
- Be a visible model and champion for our employees to conduct themselves and our business activities consistent with our Core Values and Code of Conduct, enhancing our reputation for truthfulness and fair dealing.
- Ensure that the Company's Safety programs are implemented, and that there is zero tolerance for non-compliance with minimum safety standards set by the Corporate and Group leadership. Work diligently to create an environment with the goal of "ZERO" accidents.
- Develop and mentor, ensuring that Area employees are properly trained in the skills necessary for success at Granite, given opportunity for stretch assignments, and given full access (including transfer) for leadership development. Embrace leadership and employee development with active participation in Employee Development initiatives. Performance-manage employees resulting in high performance teams.
- Promote change and the Pursuit of Excellence in the operational area. Build a culture that strives to lead the industry in technological and process improvement.
- Actively participate in bid reviews for all large dollar and/or complicated bids to ensure estimate accuracy, risk and opportunity assessment, and strength and weakness analysis is consistent with overall Group expectations.
- Develop strategic and professional relationships; work to build alliances with politicians, customers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure Granite is a well-respected leader in the local community.
- Ensure that the Company's equipment standards and policies are being met.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction management
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive leadership experience, five (5) of which with Granite, or its affiliates.
- Knowledge and understanding of bidding and building heavy civil construction work
- Availability to travel frequently to various job sites in support of safe and efficient operations
- Excellent leadership skills, specifically in relation to behaviors that lead to safe work and job profitability
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with operational leaders, inspectors, customers, owners, and various other stakeholders
- Accuracy always with excellent organizational, time management, and decision making skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Education:Work Experience:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Notice to Agencies
Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.