The Nebraska State Capitol has an exciting and unique opportunity for an Architect with a strong passion for historic preservation and adaptive reuse. The Capitol Preservation Team provides architectural services for this historic landmark, including Creative Design, ADA/Code Compliance, Restorations, Renovations, Historic Preservation, Building Assessments, Master Planning, Interior Design, Space Planning, Project Management and Construction Administration. Consider this rare opportunity to preserve and contribute to the history of Bertram G. Goodhue's architectural achievement! If the thought of making an impact and being a part of Nebraska's historic State Capitol building's life excites you, apply today and meet with others that share your same passion!
The State of Nebraska offers an excellent total compensation package including: 11 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; State-matched retirement plan (156% match); health, dental, vision, and life insurance options!
Salary for this position starts at $27.483/ hour, and is commensurate with experience and certifications as budget is available.
Treating others with dignity and respect, acting ethically, and creating a culture where the customer is always the priority; as a values-driven culture, these values are at the core of everything we do!
Job location is our beautiful State Capitol, 1445 K Street, Downtown.
Examples of Work
As a member of the Capitol Preservation team, exciting duties will include:
• Reviews and coordinates construction document content with contractors and consultants related to ongoing projects
• Produces architectural documents for restoration and construction
• Prepares presentation drawings as required
• Uses Autodesk, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Autodesk Revit programs regularly
• Participates in and leads collaborative processes with agency contacts, contractors, construction project managers, structural, electrical, mechanical and civil engineers.
• Provides space planning for agency and building occupants
• Researches historical information as it relates to the Capitol
• Attends Nebraska Capitol Environs Commission meetings and provides support as needed
• Project Management
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Professional degree in architecture or architectural engineering and four years of experience in architectural planning, design or engineering, three years of which have been in a supervisory position; four years of experience in construction and/or inspection of construction of large scale projects; registration as a professional architect in Nebraska.
PREFERRED: Two years of experience in historic preservation/restoration and LEED AP certification are preferred, but not required.
OTHER: Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong motivation for preservation and adaptive reuse of historical buildings. Ability to develop presentation and working drawings, and project specifications. Ability to develop preliminary designs into construction documents. Proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit. Standard office software (Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, PastPerfect etc.). Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a desire to lead collaborative processes. Detail oriented work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines.