AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $39 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Information Technology apply today!
The Applications Programming Manager will manage a team of technical professionals who provide application development, support and consulting services for assigned applications. These responsibilities include resource allocation planning, administering work assignments and administering performance reviews. Manages and monitors production and project work to ensure quality of deliverables. Works closely with management to develop and manage the department budget. Assists management to develop and implement a staff training and development strategy and plan. Works independently under general direction, and acts as a coach and mentor to technical staff. Serve as the technical systems owner (TSO) for assigned applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Management Leadership
- Ensure team follows AgFirst SDLC guidelines
- Proactive in managing project risks and issues
- Ensure project deliverables (Business Cases, SOWs, Status Reports, Technical Specifications, Work Plans, etc.) are of high quality and created in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicate project status and issues to management. In particular, keep manager informed regarding key project issues. Take a leadership role in coming up with solutions to project issues.
- Implement approaches such as bottom up estimating to ensure cost and duration estimates are accurate within established tolerances
- Manage the software licenses and contracts for the Applications supported by the team
- Stay well informed regarding team initiatives
- Effectively manage project requests. This includes communicating and meeting expectations regarding the completion of the business case for the project request.
Manage Reliable, Available, Secure and Performing Systems
- Ensure team promptly addresses and resolves high severity issues. Additionally, ensure that team is proactive in addressing potential issues
- Ensure supported applications meet established service level agreements for customers
- Ensure team creates systems that meet AgFirst security requirements
- Expertise in planning, scheduling and delegating work in accordance with resource plans
- Engage in proactive resource planning to ensure team can meet both project and non-project work commitments
- Act as a custodian of AgFirst assets, lower operating costs
- During budget planning sessions, assist management to create well documented budget projections for the upcoming year
- Performs periodic and annual performance reviews of managed resources
Technical Leadership & Communications
- Effectively work to break down silos between teams in the technical division
- Is a leader in ensuring best practices are captured, managed and repeatable across the department
- Team can effectively communicate success of application architecture design to different stakeholders (both business and technical)
- Understand the company's current architecture, system design and the future vision for them
- Collaborates with other technical areas to create integrated solutions that are consistent with the enterprise architecture vision
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8 - 10 years of complex system programming and design experience
- Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming
- Firm understanding of Microsoft's development and database technologies
- Effective group presentation skills
- Handles the most complex systems and product design projects; identifies changes in project scope
- Financial services experience a must. Experience with loan origination/processing systems a plus e.g., ACBS, LoanIQ, nCino, DNA
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Complex solution analysis and design
- Effectively manages competing demands
- Supervisory experience and contributes to building a positive team spirit
#LI-Remote #LI-OMABOUT US
Are you ready for a career with us that will impact more than you ever imagined? At AgFirst, you have an opportunity to make a difference for agriculture and rural communities while elevating your career. When you work here, you are part of a cooperative that provides financing, technical support and business services to banks in the national Farm Credit system. You can be part of the solution for those banks - our customers - as they make loans to more than 80,000 farmers, businesses and homeowners in rural America. At AgFirst, we value your skills and unique perspective. We think you'll like the impact you can make here and the benefits you will enjoy. AgFirst is dedicated to fostering an engaged workplace that makes every employee feel valued, appreciated and heard. We invest in our employees because they invest in us and work hard to make our bank successful. Among its range of benefits, AgFirst offers competitive pay, flexible work schedules, a corporate incentive plan and even free coffee and soft drinks in the break room. If you're ready to impact more than you ever thought possible, we're ready for you!
While we offer a variety of lending and credit jobs, we're more than just an agricultural lending company. We have many roles in areas such as information technology and information security, as well as support services. No matter your career path, find a way to impact more with AgFirst!
OUR BRAND AND CULTURE
We want to make a difference in people's lives - and that includes yours! We strive to create a workplace environment where all employees feel welcome and open to bringing their whole selves to work. We have a diverse, talented workforce that helps us bring a well-rounded perspective to the solutions we provide. At AgFirst, we aim to give our employees room to grow both personally and professionally. We hope you will find more than just a job here. We hope you will find a fulfilling career that allows you to use your abilities to impact more.
OUR BENEFITS AND REWARDS
AgFirst believes employee satisfaction is built around a career that combines personal and professional accomplishment with financial rewards that help you build toward the future. We believe that compensation is more than just a paycheck. At AgFirst, you'll find a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive pay, with paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- Corporate incentive plan with spot bonuses for top-notch work.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as life and disability insurance.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions, as well as additional employer contributions.
- Reimbursement for approved higher education pursuits.
- A wellness program for employees, which includes resources for a healthier lifestyle.
- A Leadership Academy for professional development.
- Other perks, such as employee discounts, annual on-site flu shots and even free periodic chair massages.
In addition, we are located in a modern office building in a revitalized business district on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., near multiple restaurants and shops. Our open floor plan features a variety of meeting areas, from cozy collaboration rooms to large meeting spaces - all equipped with state-of-the-art technology to meet your business needs.
Other benefits of our office building include:
- Free parking in an attached garage.
- An on-site restaurant.
- A newly renovated fitness center.
- On-site conveniences, such as dry cleaning and oil change services.
Regular building events, such as luncheons and ice cream socials