As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
The Applications Analyst II provides design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing maintenance of new and existing software applications. This role provides training and support to end users.
iCare Applications Analyst II
Receiving general direction from the Manager of Enterprise Medical Imaging Informatics (MI2) Applications, the iCare Applications Analyst II is responsible for the management and support of all aspects of the MI2 OneView platform and iCare specific applications. This includes but is not limited to the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS), Diagnostic Reporting, Workflow Orchestration (WFO) and other related applications.
This individual will coordinate problem resolution and translates issues, as appropriate, into recommendations for future software versions or modifications to daily operations. This includes a 24/7/365 customer service approach and off-hours coverage. He/she will work closely with multiple teams within iCare Clinical Operations, MI2, Enterprise Medical Imaging (EMI), MGB eCare, and MGB IS. The iCare Applications Analyst II serves as a liaison between clinical services, technical staff, software, and equipment vendors. Specific iCare related responsibilities include:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day monitoring, support, and maintenance of MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems.
- Standard admin tasks associated with MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems.
- Provides technical assistance and support to iCare imaging end users.
- Manage and support all MI2 OneView workstations deployed at iCare (software and hardware)
- Assist with network connectivity issues between modalities and the MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems.
- Work closely with MI2 Systems team to provide support for iCare specific workstation hardware components.
- Work closely with MI2 Infrastructure team to provide support for iCare specific server hardware components.
- When necessary, the escalation of issues to vendors and MI2 Systems/Infrastructure team managers.
- Develops, maintains, and executes end to end test plans associated with upgrades of MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems.
- Provides end-user training for MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems. Train the trainer approach.
- Monitor Service Now requests generated for MI2 OneView platform, iCare specific MI2 applications and systems to ensure timely responses, communication, and closure of all service requests.
- Performs other functions as required and/or assigned.
- Works closely with end users to document business requirements. Translates those business requirements into functional specifications for the software application.
- Develops and executes test plans and performs other software quality assurance tasks.
- Trains end users on the operation of software applications. Develops end user documentation.
- Provides ongoing support of the software applications by identifying and resolving issues and escalating as needed for timely resolution.
- Provides high quality, customer-focused services.
- Runs reports, updates tables and performs other tasks associated with the ongoing operation of the software environment.
- Participates in regular team meetings to discuss team activities, issues and updates.
- Uses the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of healthcare information technology experience
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Experience in the development, support or operation of software applications in a healthcare setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other popular office productivity solutions
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires occasional local travel to MGB sites, vendors, and/or conferences
- On-call coverage expected as business needs dictate
- Hospital work environment working conditions include possible exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear (PPE) such as gloves and mask.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.